Personal Injury Claims Glasgow

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.
  • Login
    Login Login form

How to Make a Personal Injury Claim in Scotland

Posted by on in Personal Injury Claims
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 1780
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

The award of damages in a personal injury case is to put the victim in a position they would have been if the wrongful harm had not occurred. The award is not to penalize the defendant party, but to aid the victim in their recovery. This is known as by the Roman law phrase, restitutio in integrum. This injury may be physical and/or psychological. Injuries happen often and many individuals do not know how to properly file a claim against their employer (in the case of workplace injuries), the individual who caused them harm, or the place of business, which the harm occurred.

What Action is needed if Injured?

File a claim and several options are available. The first and most important is to inform an individual of authority. If involved in an accident outside of work or any workplace, inform the police. If sustained at work, inform the employer. Seek help from a qualified physician to document your injuries. And collect evidence, after the sustained injury; take notes to aid in your claim.

Which Types of Information is needed to file a Claim with a Solicitor?

Several key pieces of information must be collected when filing a claim against the defendant party: the date of the accent, how it happened, contact information for any witnesses, details of injuries (this may include a medical diagnosis), any union affliction, proof of loss of earnings (if such occurred), insurance policy information, and any other information, which the injured believes will be of service to the solicitor. It is of utmost importance all information is detailed, it will assist in the solicitor’s attempt to successfully win the suit.

Do I have a Claim and What Types of Compensation am I entitled?

If the victim believes they have a claim, court proceedings must be issued within three years. A claim of pain and suffering either from a physical or psychological injury is known as “solatium,” whilst a claim for medical bills, loss of earnings, property damage, and any other financial hardship is known as “patrimonial loss.” Both may be sought whilst filing a claim against the defending party.

Do not shy from hiring a solicitor due to cost - firms such as Digby Brown are rated as the best in Scotland, work on a 'no win, no fee' basis and their fee reflects the amount won.

Contact us

At Digby Brown, we are there for the client and provide information every step of the way. For specialist personal injury advice call our injury claims advice line today on 0141 530 9158 or fill in our online enquiry form here.


*other costs could be payable

Your staff were lovely and kept me updated throughout. You got me the most amount of money possible and I can’t thank you enough.


Call our injury claims advice line today - 01414134377

Start a Claim

Make an online enquiry today - See how we have helped others get the typical range of compensation offered for various injuries.

Your Name(*)
Please let us know your name.
Your Email Address(*)
Please let us know your email address.
Your phone number
Invalid Input
Date of accident
Invalid Input
Any further details relevant to your injury/accident.
Please let us know your message.
Anti-Spam Verification(*)
Invalid Input